Resources to Support MomsAug 14, 2023
- Motherhood Challenges: Coping with Confusing Ambivalence in Times of Change
- Confessions of a New Mom: The Grief and Joy of Birth
- Confessions of a New Mom: Grieving the Life that Was & Loving the Life that Is (Part 1)
- Confessions of a New Mom: Loving the Life that Is & Grieving the Life that Was (Part 2)
- Confessions of a New Mom: 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Having My Baby
- Postpartum Depression - Lucie's List (Focus is 6 weeks postpartum)
- How did you know you had postpartum depression? - Postpartum Progress
- Six Things You Should Avoid if You Have Postpartum Depression or Anxiety
- What REALLY Happens Right After Delivery
Books for all Stages of Motherhood:
- The Gift of the Happy Mother: Letting Go of Perfection and Embracing Everyday Joy by Rebecca Eanes
- Motherhood: Facing & Finding Yourself by Lisa Marchiano
- How to Not Hate Your Husband After Kids by Jancee Dunn
- Postpartum Mental Health: Books for New Parents - Lucie's List
- Postpartum Support International
- The Postpartum Stress Center
- Postpartum Depression - American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Postpartum Depression - Office on Women's Health
- Post-pregnancy Depression - Medline Plus
- How can I recognize postpartum depression? - Ovia Health
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis call or text 9-8-8
Support for Dads:
- Help for Dads (Helpline, Support Groups, etc.)
- Connect with a Specialized Coordinator (Postpartum Support International)
Note: these resources are for new moms and moms at all stages of the motherhood journey. Resources for child loss or grieving are not included in this list.
Develop your personalized grief support action plan with our "Grief & Gratitude" workbook.
Never miss a blog post!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive blog posts and Yahdav & Hanlon updates straight to your inbox.
Don't worry - we don't like spam either! And we will never sell your information, for any reason.